BECAUSE I AM A LADY

(A dedication to all beings with the feminine gender clamouring for their rights)

By GANIYU AYANNIYI M.




Being beautifully made,
It is a crime.
Walking alone on special purpose,
Is forbidden every time.
Because I am a lady!

My thoughts are tested,
Through sexual harassment.
My body is seen, 
As object of pleasure.
Because I am a lady.

My movements are restricted,
Because I am not safe.
Yes! In the lands of my forefathers,
Not even safe in the house of God.
Because I am a lady.

I wear hijab or niqaab,
They say I am not holy.
I wear skirt or trouser.
They say, I am a prostitute.
Because I am a lady.

From birth till now,
I have always been a device of assault.
I have long been confined,
Even before these pandemic situations.
They rape me: physically and spiritually, the beasts.

I am now in thrust,
Where I trust no one.
Hmm! To love, I find it hard.
Because no one knows me within.
Oh! I have been raped, mentally.

Because I am a lady,
Nobody tries to listen to me.
Ah! I am always at fault, they say.
A crime to be a lady ?
The world is really unjust!

I must not dress!
I must not talk!
I must not dance!
I must not read!
Because I am a lady!

I am pained!
The God in me had been raped.
My belief is in doubt, 
For I have always been tortured!
Hard to see, a revolutional saviour!

Hmm! I still believe,
That the beasts shall be punished.
But, when will that be ?
It seem it's getting too late.
My curses are on them all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Information to OAU-AFLS Freshmen on dues.

Ten (10) Deadliest Diseases To know

HOW TO CHECK YOUR GAS CYLINDER EXPIRY DATE